People often ask me, what is the most important aspect when you plan a wedding for your client? What do we as clients need to account for?
Before any wedding function takes place, there are a set of licenses which one requires to acquire to ensure a glitch-free wedding. Most hotels provide clients the list of licenses, which they would require to be submitted to them 24 to 48 hours before the function begins. There may be slight differences in the list provided, depending on the agenda of the function.
Let us hypothetically consider a sangeet function which has everything in it, A closed door invite only event. It is a wedding ceremony filled with loads of fun and frolic with Live Entertainment and a DJ Party to follow.
The list of licenses you would require are:
- Rangbhoomi License
- No objection Certificate from the Additional Collectors office
- No Objection Certificate from the Local Police Station
- No Objection Certificate from the Traffic Police Department
- No Objection Certificate from the Fire Brigade
- Police Commissioners Note
The above licenses come as a cluster of licenses common for any event.
For the DJ at your event, you require:
- Phonographic Performance Ltd License: For any music apart from music by Yashraj Films.
- Novex: This license is acquired for any music used at the event which is by Yashraj Films.
If you are having any Live Performance at your event, then you require:
- IPRS: It stands for Indian Performing Rights Society Ltd. It is issued for any Live Entertainment you plan to have at your event.
Other Licenses Required:
- Liquor License
- Public Works Department License: You need to get this when you have a generator at your wedding function.
- Foreign Artist Permission: Whenever you have people from another nationality performing at your event, you require to submit their documents i.e passport and visa copy to the authorities.
Documents you will require to get these licenses:
- Floor Plan from the venue
- No Objection Cerificate from the Venue
- Letter of Application to different licensing departments on your wedding planner’s company’s letter head along with an affidavit on a stamp paper.
- Visa and contract copy between the artists and employee company if you have any foreign artists performing. It would be preferable in this case to get artists on a business visa and not an employment visa.
More often than not, it is advisable to ask the hotel what licenses they would require for the event and accordingly proceed.
So given above are the list of licenses required for your wedding, we are here to respond to any queries you may have, please feel free to post your feedback in our comments section 🙂
Would love to hear from you!